An HTTP cookie (usually just called a cookie) is a small amount of data sent from us to your web browser. Each time you visit us, your web browser sends us back this text. To find out more about cookies, please visit www.aboutcookies.org
- As a performance marketing network our job is to ensure that a website (called a publisher) that sends a customer to another website (called an advertiser) is rewarded for a successful referral. A publisher might be a voucher download site, a cashback reward site, a blog or any other website.
- This reward process is enabled by using cookies which recognize if you were referred to an advertiser by one of our publishers. Our cookies contain no personally identifiable information.
- A large part of the reason why so much is “free” on the internet is because websites can make money through advertising rather than charging you for their content. Being rewarded for referrals is one of the great advances that internet commerce has enabled and we believe is far preferable to forcing people to pay for services.
- However, we fully respect your choice as an individual. If you prefer not to enjoy these benefits, we do not want to intrude on your privacy and provide full information on how to delete our cookies.
Cookies set by Webgains
|Cookie Name||What we use it for||What we store in it||Expires||Notes|
|wgsite||Used to decide whether to direct you to our USA or UK site, saving you having to make the choice every time you visit webgains.com||Either ‘UK’ or ‘USA’||12 months|
|usertype||Used to decide if you are logging in to our system as an advertiser or a publisher so that we can get you to the right place||Either ‘affiliateUser’ or ‘merchantUser’||12 months|
|qtrans_cookie_test||Used by our web site to determine if you have selected your preferred language||The text qTranslate+Cookie+Test’||When you close your browser||See reference for further information|
|wp-settings||Our public website uses the popular wordpress blog system. This cookie stores information about your settings so that you don’t have to tell us each time you visit us. It stores no personal information.||See reference for further information|
|__utma||We use google analytics to record activity on our website so that we can improve the user experience and understand where our traffic comes from.||Google analytics, for more information see reference|
|__utmz||We use google analytics to record activity on our website so that we can improve the user experience and understand where our traffic comes from.||Google analytics, for more information see reference|
|Cookie Name||What we use it for||What we store in it||Expires|
|wgs||Used to remember that you viewed or clicked on an ad during your current browser session||
||When you close your browser|
|wgdc||Used to deduplicate clicks from the same source||Either ‘affiliateUser’ or ‘merchantUser’||When you close your browser|
|wgc||Used to remember that you clicked on a link in our network||
||When you close your browser|
|wgi||Used to recognise that you viewed an advert on our network||
|1234.sol (flash cookie). The name of the cookie can be any number and represents the merchant that you click through to.||Used to remember that you clicked on a link in our network.||
||Varies according to the relationship between the 2 websites, typically 90 days|
How you can remove Webgains Cookies
Please note that if you do decide to delete our cookies you may end up paying more for the goods & services you buy and/or not receive any cashback or discount due to you.
- You can remove all our tracking cookies by deleting all cookies set from track.webgains.com.
- You can remove all our non tracking cookies by deleting all cookies from any webgains domain eg, webgains.com, webgains.de, webgains.es etc.
- If you need instructions on how to delete cookies from your browser, please visit this page (How to delete cookies)
- To view and delete flash cookies, please visit this page