Webgains Supplier Code of Conduct – SCoC
We’re on a mission to curate and grow the world’s smartest network of brands and their sales
affiliates through a common purpose of continuously improving industry expertise and
knowhow. By pairing relentless quality standards in our compliance, processes and technologies
with a “never stop learning” ethos to all stakeholders we aim to set the bar as high as possible on
issues of data privacy, performance, equal and ethical employee and environmental standards.
This Supplier Code of Conduct (SCoC) outlines a set of the behaviours and standards which is
expected from our suppliers covering labour practices, business ethics, environmental practices,
and compliance. We require all our suppliers and partners (collectively, the “Suppliers”) to act
with the greatest professional standards, integrity, and good faith and in doing so comply with all
necessary laws, rules and licencing when working with Webgains. We require our Suppliers to
uphold these since they are consistent with our core principles.
Webgains expects our Suppliers to promptly inform their Webgains contact, or Webgains
management team, when any situation develops that causes the Supplier to operate in violation
of this Code of Conduct and applicable laws and regulations related to the sections outlined in
- All employees must be treated with respect and dignity and must not be subjected to any form of discrimination or harassment.
- Suppliers must comply with all applicable laws and regulations regarding working hours, wages, benefits, and overtime compensation.
- Suppliers must not use forced labour, including bonded or indentured labour, or any form of modern slavery.
- Webgains will not tolerate or condone any form or practice that constitutes human trafficking or slavery in any part of our business and is committed to driving out acts of modern day slavery and human trafficking within it’s supply chain.
- Suppliers must ensure that all workers are of legal working age and must not use child labour
- Suppliers must provide a safe and healthy work environment for their employees.
- Respectful treatment of employees is a legal requirement for Suppliers. Discrimination, harassment, or victimisation at work or in connection with any services rendered on our behalf is not tolerated by Webgains. A person is legally protected under the Equality Act of 2010 and we expect that our Suppliers meet this requirement, showing dedication to both their own staff members and any subcontractors they may use.
2. Business Ethics
Webgains is committed to maintaining the highest standards of ethical conduct in all of our
business activities. Webgains has high expectations for Suppliers, partners, and subcontractors
to conduct business in an ethical and honest manner. Webgains anticipates that its Suppliers will
have effective audit and governance procedures in place to guarantee that standards are
upheld, maintained, and consistently enforced business ethics. Suppliers must adhere to the
- Suppliers must comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including those related to anti-bribery and anti-corruption, such as the Bribery Act of 2010.
- Suppliers must maintain accurate and complete records related to their business activities.
- Suppliers must protect the confidentiality and intellectual property of Webgains and its customers.
- Suppliers must not engage in any form of collusion, price-fixing, or other anti-competitive practices.
- Suppliers must not deliver, recognise, award, directly or indirectly, any present, award, prize or facility to Webgains’ personnel (employees or consultants) exceeding £30 (thirty pounds) per annum. Should these items be delivered at Webgains’ offices, Webgains is entitled to withhold such items and deliver them to a charity at its choice.
3. Environmental Practices
Webgains is committed to minimizing our environmental impact and promoting sustainability in
our operations. Suppliers must adhere to the following standards:
- Suppliers must comply with all applicable environmental laws and regulations.
- Suppliers must promote environmental sustainability by reducing waste, conserving resources, saving energy, and minimizing pollution where possible.
- Suppliers must communicate their environmental policies and practices to their employees, customers, and stakeholders
Webgains expects all of our Suppliers to comply with this Code of Conduct and all applicable
laws and regulations. Suppliers must adhere to the following standards:
- Suppliers must promptly report any violations of this Code of Conduct or applicable laws and regulations to Webgains.
- Suppliers must allow Webgains to audit their documentation, records, facilities and operations to ensure compliance with this Code of Conduct and applicable laws and regulations if required.
- Webgains reserves, at its absolute discretion, to terminate with immediate effect its relationship with any Supplier that fails to comply, or at Webgains reasonable judgment, will likely fail to comply, with this Code of Conduct or applicable laws and regulations.
By accepting this Supplier Code of Conduct, Suppliers agree to comply with all of the standards
outlined above. Webgains reserves the right to amend this Code of Conduct at any time with
notice or without notice, by placing its most recent version into its homepage.